Today is brought to you by rain, gusts of wind, and leaky roofs! TGIWEDNESDAAAAAY.
Ugh. Being a homeowner sometimes is the pits. After months of leaking in our garage (after we had the roof redone), my husband fixed the issue. Today it decided to come back. SCREW YOU, RAIN! Such a bummer.
Training is going splendidly. I hate that my feet are shaped like squares because it makes finding the perfect running shoe practically impossible. Since I also have high arches and a tendency for knee pain, I’ve found that my favorite shoes have good support and a slight cush feeling. You know the one. Well, I found these amazing shoes on sale and when I put them on my feet it felt like a pillow, but I’m not sure if I like them when I run yet. I just can’t tell. Isn’t that the worst?! I doubt you care, so I’ll move on.
Aside from the poof of pollen that Seattle know has with all the accompanying symptoms, recipe development is in the works. This weekend was spent shooting a friend’s work (she is starting a BOMB pop-up at the Farmer’s Market, so get ready) so I wanted to make something simple. These peanut butter ball things are delicious. They have a nice crunch and stay in the freezer for up to a week. Adding chocolate was 100% necessary. Bye.
- 1 cup nut butter (I used peanut butter)
- 1 cup puffed millet
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup melted dark chocolate
1. Mix all of the ingredients (minus the chocolate) in a bowl.
2. Roll the mixture into a ball about the size of a golfball. If the mixture won’t hold, pop it in the fridge to firm slightly.
3. Once all of the balls have been formed, drizzle each with the chocolate.
4. Place in the freezer to set. Enjoy!