I tried really hard to think of a better title for these, but power balls is what you get. I mean, they ARE round and they do contain some power. Not like super hero power, but human energy power. From peanuts. And oats. And superfood seed stuff. Don’t you enjoy how eloquently I write? It’s almost like you can see the adult child typing away relentlessly.
Ok…I’ve rambled enough for your Monday. Hi, how are you? I’m GREAT. This weekend my husband and I went skiing and I seriously can’t stop thinking about it. I kind of just want to quit my job, buy ski gear and become a bum on the side of a mountain. All while getting RIPPED and EXCEPTIONAL at skiing. Ugh! Adult child again! Sorry!!
Ok, here’s the scoop on this recipe. It’s insanely easy. Also, what’s nice is that you can really make it any flavor that you’d like. You can add chocolate chips, spices, nuts, or a little dab of honey if you’d like them sweeter. If you don’t have the seed blend from Trader Joe’s, you can roll your balls in a blend of chia seeds, hemp seeds, buckwheat, coconut chips, and/or cranberries. That’s what all is in this blend. Enjoy!
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used crunchy, but creamy works as well)
- 5 dates, soaked*
- approx. 2 Tbsp Trader Joe’s Super Seed Blend with Cranberry and Coconut Chips
*For the dates, soak them for at least two hours in room temperature water. Reserve the water.
1. Add the cups of oats to a food processor. Pulse until the oats become a fine flour.
2. Blend in the dates slowly until fully incorporated. Add a small amount of the date water if needed (you want the mixture to form a ball easily).
3. Add the peanut butter. The mixture should easily hold it’s shape as a ball.
4. Pour the mixture in a small bowl and work with your hands to form small balls.
5. Roll each ball individually in the seed blend. I used a cutting board to do this.
6. Freeze for up to two hours then enjoy!