Have you ever called someone and they say, “Can you call me back in 10 minutes?”
That always bothers me.
If you’re so busy, then why did you answer your phone?
Do you know the answer? Seriously. I’m dying to know.
Guys, these granola bars aren’t messing around.
With two big races coming up, I’m hungrier more often, so luckily for you people, more recipes are coming your way.
Unfortunately for my wallet, though, I can barely keep the fridge and pantry stocked.
These bars are packed with protein and carbs, so they’re a great accompaniment to any tough workout.
I made them with and without the coconut drizzle, so feel free to eat either way!
This recipe makes about 12 or so bars, so eat up!
For the bars:
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten free makes this recipe 100% GF)
- 1 1/2 cup GF puffed rice cereal
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup dry roasted and salted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup sunbutter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
For the drizzle:
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp gelatin
- 1/4 cup plain coconut yogurt (the less sugar the better)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp coconut butter, softened
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, cereal, chopped nuts, and sea salt.
2. Combine the honey, vanilla, and sunbutter in a small bowl until creamy. If it’s not runny, you can zap it in the microwave for a few seconds. You want it to mix easily.
3. Add the mixture to the oats and nuts and mix until everything is coated. It’ll be super sticky!
4. Add and mix in the dried cherries.
5. On a parchment lined baking sheet (it will need to be rimmed), press the mixture evenly down. Stick in the freezer for up to one our or until mixture has firmed.
6. For the drizzle, mix the vanilla, water, and gelatin. Let sit for about 5 minutes or until it gets nice and thick.
7. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Heat up if it’s too thick. You want it pretty creamy.
8. When the bars have chilled, pull them out and cut into rectangles. Mine were about 1.5″x3″ or so.
9. Chill again to re-harden.
10. Pull the bars out and quickly dip into the drizzle, our evenly pour on top. Use sparingly.
Keep chilled in the refrigerator until the drizzle sets and enjoy for up to one week!