Today is essentially my Friday, so I’m extremely excited.
I’m also even more excited to share with you this completely out-of-the blue recipe I made today.
I had some down time and was thinking about donuts randomly…probably because my husband randomly talks about Top Pot donuts when he’s hungry, but that’s besides the point.
I love donuts. I miss donuts. Today I decided I also love brownies….brownie donuts???
I decided to make a batter for my donuts, but as I pulled out the donut pan I was looking at my batter thinking, this looks awfully thick to be batter, but went ahead and decided to use only have and pray that some decent donuts could come out that I could blog about.
If you follow me on Instagram (which you should, regardless), you have seen my post about my ugly donuts. Yes. These are the ones I set out to make today that turned out to be unattractive and not quite up to the flavor par.
So, what did I do? I tampered with the batter and made brownie bites instead! Best idea ever!
These guys are perfection! If you love fudgy brownies, you will LOVE these. Also, there’s not a block of butter and a gallon of sugar, so I hope this helps.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, the higher % the better
- 1 cup sunbutter or other nut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil
- almond milk and/or water
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl, melt the chocolate and sunbutter until they’re creamy.
4. Pour into the dry mixture and mix well. Add the egg, vanilla, honey, and coconut oil.
5. Once everything is mixed, you might need to add a little water and/or almond milk. My batter was too thick so I added a little of both to make it creamier and smoother.
6. Add a tablespoon or so of the mixture to miniature muffin tins and cook for 10-12 minutes. The bites should come out soft, but not gooey.
Cool for a few minutes and then enjoy!