What a mouthful…literally!
I was inspired by these bars I saw online the other day and decided to put my own spin on them.
The added crunch is DEFINITELY a plus if you ask me. It reminds me of the super unhealthy crunchy peanut butter I would eat as a kid. Blissful.
We made it to hump day! Can you believe it?
Quite honestly, I’m thrilled. With allergy season in full swing, I feel like the weeks drag by a little too slowly. Also, we are about to have some serious weather coming through. Sun sun and more sun. AMEN.
Also, my husband and I are ready to put our family membership to the aquarium to use. Sea otters, here we come!!
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 – 1.5 cups dark chocolate chunks
1. Mix the puffed rice cereal and shredded coconut in a large mixing bowl.
2. On medium-low heat, mix the honey, almond butter, and coconut oil. Heat until everything melts evenly.
3. Add the melted mixture to the dry mixture and mix well.
4. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate.
5. In a baking dish, pour the almond butter mixture and press evenly into the dish.
6. Pour the chocolate evenly on top.
7. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until hardened.
These are my post-workout treat! Enjoy!