Yum yum towns!
These are so easy even a caveman can do it! Sorry, old joke…
Seriously, though, these are my go-to for any dessert cravings…which I have often.
Right now I’m doing Insanity all the way through (normally I get into it for a few days and quit..oops).
Anyway, doing Insanity is prepping me before training season starts and I am loving it! The one thing I don’t love, though, is being hungry 24-7. For those that know me well, you know that when I get to these states I often end up eating things that my body can’t digest and then end up in pain. Last night I ate a cookie for dinner with Kombucha…seriously? Anyway, with this hunger I am craving dessert way more than necessary, so I decided to make these for a slightly healthier option. Good choice! They’re delicious! My husband has even taken a few from my stash, so they must be good…right?
- 1 bag of dark chocolate chunks (try and get at least 70% chocolate)
- 1/2 almond butter
- sea salt
- mini muffin cups
1. Use a double boiler (or a microwave if that floats your boat) to melt the chocolate. It should be smooth and shiny.
2. Pour about a tsp of chocolate into the muffin cups. Coat the sides of the muffin cups with the chocolate as well (I didn’t do that for this batch, but it’s a good idea!).
3. Stick in the freezer to set. This will only take a few minutes.
4. Remove the cups from the freezer and add a dollop of almond butter. Pour chocolate on top and coat with sea salt.
5. Freeze over night to completely set.
**Tip: I keep mine in the freezer, but they get really hard, so before you eat I might leave on the counter or keep in the refrigerator. Just a thought so you don’t break your teeth! Happy chocolate making!