These are great for summer!
I realize it’s a bit late in the season, but life sometimes gets in the way doesn’t it?
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1/2 small Vidalia onion, diced
- 1-2 avocados (1 avocado can easily feed two people), halved, cored and diced
- 12-14 small strawberries, diced
- 1-2 ears of yellow corn, cooked with the kernels removed
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- 3 T agave
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- salt to taste
Combine quinoa, beans, onion, sliced avocado, strawberries, and corn in a large bowl.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, agave, cilantro and salt.
Pour evenly over the quinoa mixture.
Add the finished salad to the avocado shells and enjoy!
(The salad by itself makes a great chip dip as well….)