This recipe was actually once I found on Pinterest.
I’m going to be completely honest, though, I think their measurements were a bit off, so next time I make these I will update the recipe. They were good, just left a little to be desired.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (ok…this is the first mistake…2 cups is A LOT and, in my opinion, unnecessary unless you plan to cook for way more than 2 people)
- 1 cup grated goats mozzarella cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni slices (I used these for my husband, but for me used smoked salmon)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp paprika (probably more like a T)
- 1 tsp dried oregano (“”)
- pizza sauce for dipping (I used Trader Joe’s brand)
Preheat oven to 350.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the pizza sauce.
Place the mixture in pre-greased muffin tins pressing firmly in each cup. You can use the mini muffin tins or regular sized, it’s up to you.
Bake for 15-20 mins (or sprinkle a little extra cheese on top and bake until it’s nice and golden brown).
When they’re ready, dip in the pizza sauce and you’re ready to go!
We STILL are working on our leftovers!