These cookies are delicious and incredibly healthy. Each cookie has a serving of fruit and veggies with no dairy, refined sugar, or gluten!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup raw unsalted walnuts
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup gluten-free baking flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 very ripe banana, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 T orange zest
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
Preheat the oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Combine walnuts, oats, and raisins in a food processor until finely ground.
Transfer to a bowl and stir in flour, baking powder, and spices.
Add carrots, apple, banana, apple juice, and orange zest and mix well.
Drop by rounded tablespoons onto each baking sheet and top with the coconut flakes.
Bake until they turn slightly brown, about 20-25 minutes.
These are great for a snack, dessert, or even breakfast!